About the President’s Club
A great way to improve your communication, presentation and networking skills while having a great time at our entertaining meetings.
Need a Speaker for Your Meeting?
- Presidents Club Toastmasters are available to provide informative, entertaining talks. You tell us what your members would like to hear about or learn, and we’ll provide someone who will make your meeting sparkle. Contact the President for more details: Michelle.Nogin@gmail.com or call her at 404-641-5000.
Meeting Times and Directions
- Meetings are held on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays of each month from 7-9 pm. Our normal meeting place is the East Cobb Govt. Service Center
- Meeting Location: 4400 Lower Roswell Rd Marietta, GA 30068-4233. Click here for map
- For more information contact the President: Michelle Nogin - michelle.nogin (at sign) gmail (dot) com or call her at 404-641-5000.
- Wednesday, August 20 – Regular Meeting - East Cobb Government service Center Classroom
- Saturday, August 23 -Area Contest - East Cobb Government service Center Classroom
- Wednesday, September 3 - Regular Meeting - East Cobb Government service Center Classroom
- Wednesday, September 17 -Regular Meeting – Location TBA
- Wednesday, October 1 - Regular Meeting - East Cobb Government service Center Classroom
- Wednesday, October 15 - Regular Meeting - East Cobb Government service Center Classroom
- Wednesday, October 29 – Fountains at Olde Towne
What Does a Presidents Club Meeting Look Like?
Check Us Out
We’d love to have you visit, and know that once you’ve experienced our fun, informative and educational events, you’ll see the value of Toastmasters to enhance your confidence, presentation skills and leadership abilities. Put us on your calendar and join us!
History of Our Club
The President’s Club Toastmasters of East Cobb consists of a group of people with diverse backgrounds and interests, but we all have the common goal of improving our public speaking skills in a highly supportive environment. About 25 members participate regularly in meetings. Some have years of experience, while others have just a few weeks. The President’s Club was chartered in Oct 1982. The first meeting location was in the President’s conference room at Oglethorpe University, resulting in the name of “President’s Club.” From there we moved to 3500 Piedmont Rd. in 1994, and in September 1994 we moved to our current location at the East Cobb Government Service Center and have been meeting there ever since. We are in District 44, Area 44 of Toastmasters, International.
In October 1924, a group of men assembled by Dr. Ralph C. Smedley met in the basement of the YMCA in Santa Ana, California, U.S.A., forming a club to afford practice and training in the art of public speaking and in presiding over meetings, and to promote sociability and good fellowship among its members. The group took the name “Toastmasters”. We are a local chapter of Toastmasters International.
Today, Toastmasters International is a non-profit organization which gives its members the opportunity to develop and improve their public speaking abilities through local club meetings, training seminars and speech contests. Toastmasters International includes more than 199,000 men and women in more than 9,300 clubs in more than 70 countries. Experienced professionals and beginning speakers alike can benefit from our practical, face-to-face learning program.
Whether you’re speaking to the board of directors, your customers, your co-workers or your kids, Toastmasters can help you do it better. You’ll learn and practice in a friendly, comfortable environment with people who are there for the same reason you are to become better communicators. At Toastmasters, members learn by speaking to groups and working with others in a supportive environment.
A typical Toastmasters club is made up of 20 to 30 people who meet once a week for about an hour. Each meeting gives everyone an opportunity to practice conducting meetings, giving impromptu speeches, presenting prepared speeches, and offering constructive evaluation.
Visit the Georgia Toastmasters Websites
To see what Toastmasters all over Georgia are doing, visit the District 14 & 44 website at http://www.gatoastmasters.org/
To see what District 44, our new District, is up to, here’s the website http://www.d44toastmasters.org/